In addition to the Library’s Recognition Awards, the Library also has two annual professional development awards for its staff.
Diana Lukin Johnston Award
UBC Library isn’t just our workplace, it is our classroom. Ongoing education and training help us better serve the needs of our users. For this we are thankful for the Diana Lukin Johnston endowment fund, which provides annual professional development funds for librarians or those studying to become librarians. Having access to these kinds of funds furthers our internal capacity to grow, explore and flourish.
- 2016 Recipient: Angela Doyle
- 2015 Recipient: Tara Stephens-Kyte
- 2014 Recipient: Shirin Eshghi
- 2013 Recipient: Sarah Romkey
- 2012 Recipients: Tara Stephens & Tom Brittnacher
- 2011 Recipients: Kat McGrath & Aleha McCauley
- 2010 Recipient: Bronwen Sprout
- 2009 Recipients: Allan Cho & Lindsay Willson
- 2008 Recipient: Alan Doyle
- 2007 Recipient: Katherine Kalsbeek
Suzanne Dodson Award
The Suzanne Dodson Award provides professional development funds to support those who demonstrate a commitment to their profession and who wish to further their knowledge base. Established by Suzanne Dodson, a former UBC librarian who held a variety of positions with the Library, this award encourages Library Assistants to be at the top of their game.
- 2016 Recipients: John Park, Dana Tang
- No 2015 Recipient
- 2014 Recipients: Jacky Lai, Kimberly Partanen
- 2013 Recipient: Corinne Shortridge
- 2012 Recipient: Ivan Idzan
- 2011 Recipient: Angela Doyle
- 2010 Recipient: Lorne Madgett
- 2009 Recipient: Lindsay Willson
- 2008 Recipient: Patricia Foster