- Responsible Use of Technology
- Photocopying policies and procedures (Library wide)
- Photocopying policies and procedures for Rare Books and Special Collections and University Archives
- Digital photography policy and procedures for Rare Books and Special Collections and University Archives
- Digital Signage guidelines
UBC Open Collections Withdrawal Policy
UBC Library’s Open Collections are made available in compliance with Canadian copyright law. If you are a rights holder and wish to contest the use of a specific resource, please contact the UBC Library Digitization Centre at digitization.centre[at]ubc.ca Notices should include:
- The title and URL of the specific work(s) in question;
- Confirmation that you are a rights holder or an authorized representative of a rights holder; and
- The reason for the concern.
The UBC Library Digitization Centre will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of concerns raised and will make every effort to respond to notices within five (5) business days. Upon receipt of what the UBC Library determines is a valid complaint, the specified work(s) will be made temporarily unavailable until such time as a resolution satisfactory to the UBC Library is reached. Possible resolutions include:
- The resource will be made accessible again, unchanged.
- The resource will be made accessible again, with agreed upon changes.
- The resource will be removed from the UBC Library’s digital archives.
The Commons on Flickr
The UBC Library’s Digitization Centre contributes digitized photographs, illustrations, paintings and other materials to The Commons on Flickr. The Commons has two main objectives:
- To increase access to publicly-held photography collections, and
- To provide a way for the general public to contribute information and knowledge
All images shared on The Commons are in the public domain, or UBC Library owns the copyright and is willing to make the images available for research, educational and personal use with the request that the Library be credited as their source. If you are interested in commercial use of our images, please contact us at digitization.centre[at]ubc.ca.
Please see the UBC Open Collections Withdrawal Policy (above), if you have information about right holders of which the UBC Library is unaware.