UBC Library has undertaken a series of stakeholder surveys and consultations to update our strategic plan. These have resulted in the UBC Library Strategic Plan (2015 – 2017). The Library’s plan is informed by Place and Promise: The UBC Plan and by the needs and views of the diverse communities we serve.
UBC Library advances research, learning and teaching excellence by connecting communities, within and beyond the University, to the world’s knowledge.
We are a globally influential research library, promoting knowledge creation, exploration and discovery.
UBC Library values:
- service excellence
- collaboration with campus and community partners
- stewardship of collections and institutional resources
- innovation, creativity and risk-taking
- an open, inclusive and respectful workplace
- leadership and individual growth throughout the organization
- intellectual freedom and pursuit of knowledge
Explore each of our strategic directions:
UBC Library’s Strategic Plan is a living document.
Engage with us as we work towards realizing the goals and actions required to remain a top North American research library in the 21st century. We welcome your feedback on how we can shape the Library’s future.