UBC Library began using the LibQUAL survey in 2007. Tables and charts with detailed results are available for
Over the years, student and faculty responses to the LibQUAL survey prompted many initiatives and service improvements. A small sample of projects informed by the 2010 survey includes:
- launching Summon, a new discovery tool, to make it easier to find new resources across collections.
- expanding the Library’s collection of ejournals and ebooks
- joining other campus services to create a one-stop referral and academic support centre in the Chapman Learning Commons
- opening the multi-purpose GIS/Research Data Lab in Koerner Library
- reviewing and updating all online instructional material
- converting online inventories of archival collections to PDF format to make them more findable via Google
- prioritizing the cataloguing of international resources – including the most important collections in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Hindi, Urdu, Sanskrit and Punjabi.