UBC Library, in collaboration with the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology and UBC IT, has launched a new course-reserve management system. This system is a portal to all course reserves on a secure, campus-wide basis; it is available through Connect, UBC’s new learning management system (LMS).
Benefits for students include:
- Targeted and easily accessible readings
- Instantaneous availability of new items
- Anywhere, anytime access
Benefits for instructors include:
- Simplified forms and an easier request process
- An ability to view the status of course-reserve requests
- Availability of usage data
- Persistent URLs
- UBC Library support
There will be a transition to the new system over the coming year. During this time, the Library will provide reserve services for all courses, regardless of how they are conducted. Given an anticipated gradual uptake of the new system, the Library will maintain its traditional print-reserve service until April 30, 2013.
For more information on course reserves, visit our Course Reserves page.