UBC has launched an updated copyright website, found at copyright.ubc.ca, in response to the changing copyright environment in Canada.
- Revised copyright guidelines for the UBC community that provide an updated summary and general guidance regarding current copyright law;
- Updated copyright and fair dealing requirements that set out specific requirements for Faculty and Staff in light of recent Supreme Court of Canada decisions on copyright law;
- A new section on copyright resources for UBC faculty and staff;
- An RSS feed that enables user to stay up-to-date on UBC copyright announcements;
- A copyright announcement and broadcast e-mail archive;
- And enhanced design and improved navigation.
Users are encouraged to visit the University’s copyright site to understand the issues and plan accordingly. Content will be updated regularly, and is maintained by the Office of the Provost and VP Academic, UBC Library, UBC Bookstore, the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology (Vancouver), the Centre for Teaching and Learning (Okanagan) and the Office of the University Counsel.
For more assistance, please refer to an extensive list of contacts at UBC’s Vancouver and Okanagan campuses.